I thought I'd share a quick way to spruce them up and give them that wow factor for very little money and only a few minutes of prep time.
- Purchase a bundle or two from your local store.
- The two I bought cost $9 for both.
- Gather a few "extra" flowers, branches or vines from your garden.
- Go through your ribbon stash and choose your favorites.
- Think about a variety of colors and textures when choosing.
- Dig up some old jewelry. Pins, brooches, clips or earrings work well.
- If you don't have those on hand, make a cute homemade tag instead.
- A tiny picture frame, antique key or locket would be pretty too.
- Divide the flowers and foliage into several posie bundles.
- Clip all the stems at an angle as evenly as possible.
- A small Ziploc bag will hold water. Secure with a rubber band.
- I love using brown kraft paper to wrap them. It adds an earthy, natural feel.
- You could also use gift wrapping paper or vintage wallpaper.
- Scallop the edges with decorative scissors for a finished look.
- Tie your pretty posie with a beautiful ribbon.
- And finally, add your favorite embellishment or gift tag!
These would make lovely hostess gifts or could be given as bridal shower or party favors. Very simple to do, gentle on our wallets and packed with thoughtfulness. Be sure to let me know if you give it a try and have fun!